Foundations Preschool offers a GSRP Program Monday-Thursday from 8:30 to 3:30. Wrap-around services are available so a child can attend full-time from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Our GSRP program offers the same high-quality preschool experience as our tuition-based preschool program.
What is GSRP? The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is Michigan’s state-funded preschool program for four-year-old children with factors which may place them at risk of educational failure. The program is administered by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Great Start. Funding is allocated to each intermediate school district to administer the program locally. For more information visit Great Start Readiness Program
If your child will be 4 years old before September 1, 2019, your child could be eligible!
You must follow these steps to apply to Foundations Preschool through GSRP.
- Go to: washtenawpreschool.org and fill out the interest form.
- On the interest form as “Preference 1” specify “Foundations Preschool“
- Once you submit the washtenawpreschool.org interest form, you will be contacted if you are eligible.
Please be prepared to bring the following items to your application appointment.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Family Income including Child Support, Cash Assistance, Employment Income, Unemployment Employment Income i.e. prior years Tax Return, W2 or current Pay Check Stubs
- DHHS Case Number if applicable
- Child’s Health Insurance Card
If you have any questions or need help filling out the interest form contact us at (734) 677-8130. We are happy to offer our computers and our assistance!
If you do not qualify for the above program OR your child will not be 4 by September 1, 2019 please consider these programs:
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.